lesleymarie

Sherman Alexie, Ellen Forney
Progress: 220/229 pages

Review//Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour - Morgan Matson

Ten-Second Review: A sweet contemporary that contains love, friendship, roads, scrapbook pages, and lighthearted fun.

More-Than-Ten-Second-Review:

Because this is my first review, I decided that I should start with a book that has been much-loved by me. Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour was a book in which I read the first page and thought I think me and this book were meant to be. Yes, I am pretty darn sure that Morgan Matson wrote this book just for me. Okay, fine, she might have not wrote it just for me. But she was probably thinking of me. Maybe. Anyways. I just really, really loved this book.

This is a story filled with friendship, love, roads, sweetness, and scrapbook pages. This is a story about two people coming together, going on a journey across the country, and finding themselves. With just the right amount of emotion and lightheartedness, Morgan Matson has created an absolutely wonderful story that has stayed in my memory for a very long time.

Morgan Matson’s thoughtfully tells her story with good writing and great pacing. All the places that Roger and Amy go and the different people they meet during their time driving around the country were fascinating, and I actually had to keep the pretty book out of my sight in order to get things done.

I appreciated the flashbacks she included in her story, because they told so much about Amy, her family, and the accident that effected them all. I also loved that pages from Amy’s scrapbook (which were adorable) was shown. Those pages really allowed me to become more absorbed into the story and feel as if I was actually on the road with Amy and Roger.

Amy and Roger are beautifully-made characters. They are both so, so endearing and made me smile a heck of a lot. I really felt for Amy and loved seeing her grow and find herself during her journey. And Roger… Oh, Roger was fantastic. Adorkable would be a good word to describe him. The relationship between these two was so sweet– I loved that they started off as friends and slowly progressed into becoming a couple. (These two are actually on my Top Couples list.)

Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour made me smile, laugh, and even made my eyes water. The book has a lovely story and great characters that have always stayed with me. I would never hesitate to drop this book onto someone else’s lap and recommend it to them.

Source: http://booksandbeautifulworld.wordpress.com/2013/09/12/reviewamy-rogers-epic-detour-by-morgan-matson